Travatan eye drop is useful in treating increased eye pressure. It contains Travoprost of 2.5 mg. The manufacturer for the eye drops is Alcon Laboratories. It is a prostaglandin F2-alpha analogue that is useful in treating intraocular hypertension (increased fluid pressure in eyes) and open angled glaucoma. The eye drop is a barren, isotonic, buffered, preserved, aqueous solution of the key-substance that is useful in treating the condition of eye pressure.
The open angled glaucoma occurs due to building up of fluid in the eyes that cause pressure within the eye.Travatan eye drop help lower the pressure by out flowing the fluid from the eyes. The use of eye-drops can change the colour of eyelids and lashes or can help increase the length or darkness of eyelashes. Avoid the dropper to touch any substance or your hands to prevent contamination as it might cause eye problem. The eye drops help control the problem but is unable to cure it.
• Apply Travatan eye drops to the infected area.
• To allow eye drops to enter into the eye, apply it before using ointment.
• Avoid skipping or doubling of dosage.
• Consult your doctor if eye drops are overused.
• Use eye-drops on a regular basis to help treat the eye pressure.
• The eye drops are useful in treating other problems related to the eye.
• These eye drops are non-addictive.
• Avoid the use of Travatan if you are allergic to travoprost or any other inactive substances of the eye drops.
• Consult your doctor if you had a medical eye history or have eye problems such as macular oedema, iritis, uveitis, lens extraction or aphakia.
• Try to avoid work that requires alertness such as driving or machinery work until sure.
• It is not advisable for people below age 16.
• Eye discomfort
• Redness in eyes
• Itching in eyes
• Dry eyes
• Increase in length and darkness of eyelashes